One good cold snap is all it will take to send many of us indoors for the winter. Fall and winter often result in additional inches to the waistline and a general feeling of sluggishness. Here are a few tips to help you avoid the cold weather blues.
- DON’T Overindulge on Comfort Foods
- For some of us it’s mac’n’cheese. For others it’s chocolate or chips. Whatever your style in comfort foods – munch in moderation. Limit your intake to once or twice a week.
- DON’T Become a Couch Potato
- Yes, it’s dark out, and cold, too. Get up off that recliner and get out with friends. Suggestion: go see a movie in a real theater instead of on your tablet.
- DO Get Some Sunlight
- For people in the northern states, it’s important to get some sunlight on your face regularly throughout the fall and winter. In addition to absorbing Vitamin D, an essential nutrient, you’ll be less likely to suffer from Winter Blues. Do you need sunscreen? YES.
Start your fall and winter habits now while the days are still mild. By the time the snow flies, you’ll be ready with new healthy habits.